Thursday, September 25, 2008

O Giacomo, mia innamorata!

Yesterday Heather and Ben came into town. As I like to do with all visitors to the Hub, I took them to my favorite restaurant in the North End - Giacomo's. They both loved it (you can't get good Italian food in D.C., evidently). I have a newfound love for Giac's after last night though. I tried a special that they always seem to have (can it really be a special then?): homemade fusilli pasta with bits big, juicy, tender, delectable chunks of lobster meat and shrimp in Giacomo's house sauce. Madonn'! Just unbelievable. The English language, with all its thousands upon thousands of adjectives, fails to do justice to the meal I had last night.

And due to Giac's huge portions, today I have the most delicious lunch of all possible lunches.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, this can't be the first time you've tried the homemade fusilli with lobster meat, is it? It's my absolute fave, and that says a lot, given the quality of the rest of the food there.

MRhé said...

@benoc: It is indeed! I always get some variation on the shellfish & linguine w/Giacomo's sauce.

But the fusilli & lobster is my new fave for sure. Ethereal flavor.

KERaven said...

I would disagree with the description of "bits of lobster" -- the are pieces, sometimes whole claws, my friend. Don't downplay it.

MRhé said...

@Kristy: Good point.

Heather said...

I'm so glad we got to see you!

Thanks for letting us watch English tv yesterday too :)