Sunday, March 25, 2007

Continuum



One of my goals for this year was to stop stealing acquiring music by slightly less than legitimate means. I've been not as profligate, but certainly not good on this front thus far. A coworker has been raving about John Mayer's newest joint, and I liked what I heard this week on her iTunes. I downloaded a couple tracks via LimeWire to check out the rest of the album, and I ended up getting a live recording of "Gravity," in which Mayer introduces the song with, "This is one off the new album which you may have heard if you're stealing my music." I found this funny, and it guilted me into actually purchasing Continuum. I literally cannot remember the last time I actually bought music, but this was a good place to start.

It's a really solid album. Very chill, bluesy, with some rockin' twang. Some passionate, moody, atmospheric vibes. It's the kind of album you can play all the way through. Great for a Sunday afternoon. I've only heard a couple of his earlier songs, but I definitely recommend checking this out.

Legally.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I happen to *heart* John Mayer, and this album has been in my rotation since last summer when it was first released. "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" is my fave. I dig it.

If you like "Continuum", you should check out the album "Undiscovered" by James Morrison. A great vibe with a bit of old school funk in there; a delicious offering from this Brit. If you were going to preview with LimeWire, check out "You Give Me Something", "The Pieces Don't Fit Anymore", and "Wonderful World". Simply jammin'.

MRhé said...

Yeah that song hits me right in the cockles.

Thanks for the rec - perhaps I will check it out.